Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A new milestone...the phone call

Last week, we reached a new milestone on our adoption journey...we had our first phone call with our birthmom. Such an exciting time!! I have to admit that I was super nervous. "What if she doesn't like us?" "What if she regrets her decision?" All of these questions are directly related to fear so we decided to just place our trust in God. I mean, she chose us!! Of course she's going to love us!! The minute we heard her sweet voice, all of our anxieties immediately disappeared. BM "L" had so many positive qualities that we could only hope for in a young lady that we would start building a BM-adoptive parent relationship. She is kind, hopeful, ambitious, and has such a positive attitude. She was eager to start planning our first visit; which is scheduled for January. Very exciting!! We left the phone conversation feeling pretty emotional. It was so evident why God chose this young lady to give us our most precious gift. Thank you for continuing to pray for us and most importantly for BM "L" and our unborn child. 
Merry Christmas! 

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift you all are to each other! I'm praying for each of you. Blessings and peace to the Molloy family. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dee!!! It is a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete